Skip to main content

Seafood Casserole

 


I made this seafood casserole and it was delicious! It was my first time and it came out great. Most seafood casseroles call for heavy cream, but since I'm on my diet, I thought I would make it with coconut milk, I mean coconut and seafood go together, RIGHT??? 

SO first I got all my seafood together. Next time I would double the amount of everything. This is what I used, 1 Lobster tail, scallops, shrimp and a piece of flounder. I left the shrimp whole, cut the scallops in half, cut up the lobster into bite size pieces along with the flounder.



I opened 1 can of coconut milk and added to casserole dish. I wisked in about 2/3 cup white wine (I used Pinot Grigio). I also used the juice of 1 large lemon. A couple cloves of garlic. I used about 1/4 cup grated parmesean cheese and mixed in. I added the seafood. I sprinkled in about 1 tablespoon of Old Bay and a couple teaspoons of paprika. 

I chopped up green onion about 3, and a andfull of fresh chopped italian parsley. I added fresh cracked pepper. 


I baked in a 400 preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until it was nice and bubbly and the fish was cooked through. It was a little thin so I mixed up 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water and mixed in. Let cook for another couple minutes. 


Then serve............ This would be great served over pasta, or with nice crusty bread to sop of the sauce! BUT.... I ate just a bowl of it and it was so good just like that! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

So.... I still have some sauce left, hmmm I guess I'll make Linguine with Red Clam sauce. It's actually one of my favorites and I order it many times when eating out. It doesn't require a lot of sauce so if you only have a little left and aren't sure what to do with it, this is a good meal to make. Quick too! It doesn't take long because the hard part is done. You can make white clam sauce from this as well, just leave the red out and add a few more spices. Anyway, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter and added about 3 cloves of garlic. I used 2 cans of whole cherrystone clams and 1 can of chopped. If it were summer I'd use fresh but.... it's not and they are wayyy expensive right now. I add the clam juice in as well. Then I add about 1-2 cups of my homemade sauce. I like it with a little kick so I chopped up one those red peppers from the other day to it also. You can add white wine, red wine or beer to this. I like beer, about oz. simmer it al...

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Empanadas

Empanadas...they're delicious and the kids love them!! I never have leftovers when making these. If I have some they disappear before morning. You can put different fillings in, I made beef this time. I first browned up hamburger meat 1.5 lbs, I diced up an onion and put that in and then I added a can of green chiles. Now you can add peas, which I like but the boys aren't super fans of peas in general. I add pepper and the key ingredient: Goya Adobo. It's a Hispanic all purpose seasoning which is fabulous! I use it in a variety of dishes and always have it on hand. I add some cilantro. I also added some cheese not a lot about 3/4 cup. You can add it individually when filling the empanadas or not add cheese at all up to you. I used Monterey Jack but a white cheese is what you use when making cheese empanadas.   I actually let the meat mixture cool down before filling them. it makes it easier to stuff the empanadas because the dough gets soft and then br...