Skip to main content

Chicken Parm

Ok, It's Chicken Parm night. Not that it's a special night or anything but.... I made a pot of sauce the other night before I started this blog. I had used plum tomatoes from the garden. The last of them as it is November but I had blanched and pureed them and then froze it. Anyway, you can't make Chicken Parm without homemade sauce.
Anyway, I take out 3 bowls, one I put flour in, add some pepper, the second I scrambled 2 eggs with a clove of garlic and the 3rd I added breadcrumbs Italian seasonings and grated parmesan. I cut the chicken breast put them in a plastic bag and pound them out thin.

Dredge the chicken in the flour, eggs, and then breadcrumbs.
Fry in olive oil
Put them in baking dishes I spread sauce on the top, flipped it over and put sauce on the other side. Sprinkled some parmesan cheese on them grated mozzarella. Bake in the oven 350 until cheese is melted and bubbly. Of course, I cooked up some macaroni and topped with sauce for a full meal. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lasagna

I'm a little behind in my postings because of Thanksgiving, family and being a little busy but that doesn't mean I was not cooking! I was in the kitchen. Knowing we were going to have Turkey and leftovers, I decided Lasagna was a perfect before Thanksgiving meal. Lasagna, such a simple meal. Cheesy ooey gooey deliciousness. I finally used the last of my sauce. I had maybe enough so I decided to add a can of petite diced tomatoes to my sauce just to make sure. I don't heat up the sauce before adding to the lasagna. First, its an extra step and it's going in the oven anyway and I also don't want to prematurely melt or cook cheese. I add sausage to mine for flavor. I usually use hot loose Italian sausage, but you can use link just peel off the casing before cooking, trust me I've done this MANY times. So I usually cook the sausage first and let it cool. Next, I mix up the ricotta. The rule for eggs, use 2 eggs per pound no matter what.This includes ricotta or mea

Chile Verde (Uncle Steve's Burritos)

These are the BEST burritos EVER!! My uncle Steve taught me how to make them 27 years ago and they have been a staple in my house ever since. This is what it looks like when it done. Take burrito shells, refried beans, Monterrey jack cheese, and voila! Burritos. SO this is how I make them. first I take pork, whether its a pork butt, or loin it doesn't matter. I cut into bite size chunks and brown them in a pan with a little oil. While that is browning, I cut the vegetables. Onions, (3)green bell peppers, (1-2) jalapenos, (1-2) pablano, and(1) Serrano peppers.   I use 1-2 jalepenos depending on how spicy you like it. Remember, even if its spicy, the refried beans and cheese cool it down. Sweat the peppers and onions, then add green salsa(salsa verde) Cover and simmer for a few hours stirring occasionally until the meat is tender and the peppers are completely broken down.  When it's done and you are ready to serve, I add in chopped cilantro. This

Jellied Cranberry Sauce

I grew up having cranberry sauce from a can on Thanksgiving day. I loved it! I've tried whole cranberry sauce and wasn't a fan. Then I realized I can make my own cranberry sauce! So I few years ago, I tried to make my own. I discovered it's ridiculously easy to make and wow! so much better then the canned stuff I had been eating my entire life. Now, I won't ever eat it from the can again! I make of lot of cranberry sauce. I don't think I have to make this much, I give some away. You don't have to make as much as I do. I started with 44 oz. of cranberrys. I put 3 1/2 cups of water in a large pot added 3 1/2 cups of sugar and brought to a boil. I turned it down to a simmer and listen to the cranberrys pop! I love this part. I stir it up until they stop popping. I used my hand blender to make sure I all the cranberry's were ground up. I then used the juice of one orange, a very ripe, juicy orange. I squeezed it right into the pot. I decided to add som