Skip to main content

Blackened Tilapia


This is Blackened Tilapia. When ever I make it I have to make a lot. It gets eaten right up! It takes about 30 minutes from beginning to end. It's light, easy and packed full of flavor.

First I melt butter in the pan.

Then I put cajun seasoning on the side going onto the pan.




Then I season the other side.


I added cracked black pepper. Then I cook until nice and brown, then flip once and brown on the other side. You don't want to flip more than once because the fish is fragile.


I make a salsa to eat with it. I use red onion, cilantro and lime juice.

The crisp freshness and acid from the onion and lime are just enough to balance out the seasoning.

serve with your favorite side dish! enjoy




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Quick n Easy Torta Nua

Like cake? Like cheesecake? This is a 2 for 1! Preheat oven to 350. I block of cream cheese softened. 3 eggs put in a bowl and blend. Add 1 lb of Ricotta and blend add 1/2 cup of sour cream. Then add 2/3 cup of sugar, 1/2 tsp of almond extract, 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Blend Next, in a separate bowl, take a yellow cake mix and make according to box directions. Pour in a greased 9x13 pan. then pour cheese mixture on top Bake for an hour. Let cool, refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Cut and serve.

Sopa De Queso (Cheese Soup)

This is seriously delicious! One of my favorites from Ecuador and Ecuadorian staple! This cheese soup is simple, easy, and filling. In Ecuador, usually, the soup is served as an appetizer to the main meal. As you see, it's packed and filling. I diced an onion, put it into a soup pan with a little oil and butter, about a tablespoon. I sauteed it until translucent. I peeled and diced 2 large potatoes and added it in. I then added 32 oz of chicken stock. I sprinkled about a tablespoon of achiote. I let it simmer until the potatoes were half cooked.  Then I added chuclo. It's corn, however, in the andes, it is large and meaty. You can find frozen chuclo at the market. This one id from Peru. I added a couple teaspoons of oregano, and then let the soup simmer until the corn is tender and potatoes are cooked. I then added a cup of milk. I diced up 12 oz of fresh cheese and added at the very end. I did add the cheese, brought to a boil and ...