Skip to main content

Jellied Cranberry Sauce

I grew up having cranberry sauce from a can on Thanksgiving day. I loved it! I've tried whole cranberry sauce and wasn't a fan. Then I realized I can make my own cranberry sauce! So I few years ago, I tried to make my own. I discovered it's ridiculously easy to make and wow! so much better then the canned stuff I had been eating my entire life. Now, I won't ever eat it from the can again! I make of lot of cranberry sauce. I don't think I have to make this much, I give some away. You don't have to make as much as I do.

I started with 44 oz. of cranberrys. I put 3 1/2 cups of water in a large pot added 3 1/2 cups of sugar and brought to a boil. I turned it down to a simmer and listen to the cranberrys pop! I love this part. I stir it up until they stop popping.

I used my hand blender to make sure I all the cranberry's were ground up. I then used the juice of one orange, a very ripe, juicy orange. I squeezed it right into the pot. I decided to add some cloves this year. I've never made cranberry sauce with cloves but figured I would give it a whirl. I didn't want to add to much. You know I don't measure really so I will be honest, I but one shake of cloves in it. As I was stirring it up I could smell the cloves! I was a little nervous that the little shake of cloves I put in was too much. WOW the frangrance! Ok I guess we will just see. I added in a gelatin packet. I have read a bunch of recipes that don't use any at all and I can't imagine how runnuy it would be because even with adding one packet it really doesn't make a huge difference. 
I then run all of it through a strainer and then pack it up in containers and refridgerate! BAM! Done.

OK so I have to tell you, fter I refridgerated for a bit I ate one of the small containers to see about the cloves. WOW! It's not overpowering but gave it a great flavor!! I will continue to add the cloves in for years to come!!! I Loved it!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

So.... I still have some sauce left, hmmm I guess I'll make Linguine with Red Clam sauce. It's actually one of my favorites and I order it many times when eating out. It doesn't require a lot of sauce so if you only have a little left and aren't sure what to do with it, this is a good meal to make. Quick too! It doesn't take long because the hard part is done. You can make white clam sauce from this as well, just leave the red out and add a few more spices. Anyway, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter and added about 3 cloves of garlic. I used 2 cans of whole cherrystone clams and 1 can of chopped. If it were summer I'd use fresh but.... it's not and they are wayyy expensive right now. I add the clam juice in as well. Then I add about 1-2 cups of my homemade sauce. I like it with a little kick so I chopped up one those red peppers from the other day to it also. You can add white wine, red wine or beer to this. I like beer, about oz. simmer it al...

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Quick n Easy Torta Nua

Like cake? Like cheesecake? This is a 2 for 1! Preheat oven to 350. I block of cream cheese softened. 3 eggs put in a bowl and blend. Add 1 lb of Ricotta and blend add 1/2 cup of sour cream. Then add 2/3 cup of sugar, 1/2 tsp of almond extract, 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Blend Next, in a separate bowl, take a yellow cake mix and make according to box directions. Pour in a greased 9x13 pan. then pour cheese mixture on top Bake for an hour. Let cool, refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Cut and serve.