Skip to main content

Sausage Parmesan Risotto

The name of this dish just sounds delicious! It is! Use it as a side dish or a main dish. Take out your crock pot folks!

I first took the casings off of 2 hot Italian links but you can use bulk sausage if you have it. Brown it in a frying pan. and then I sauteed minced garlic in the sausage oil/juices.

I put 1 and 1/2 cups of risotto in the crockpot, poured the sausage and garlic on top. I put 3 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of chicken bullion. I added a bunch of fresh basil and some Italian seasonings. Turned the crock pot on high and let it cook.

When just about all of the liquid was absorbed about 1 1/2 hour) I added about 3/4 cup of milk and 1/3 cup of grated parmesan cheese and stirred it up. After that was absorbed about 30 minutes, it was done, and I shut off the crock pot so it didn't get sticky on the bottom.
Rich, flavorful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

So.... I still have some sauce left, hmmm I guess I'll make Linguine with Red Clam sauce. It's actually one of my favorites and I order it many times when eating out. It doesn't require a lot of sauce so if you only have a little left and aren't sure what to do with it, this is a good meal to make. Quick too! It doesn't take long because the hard part is done. You can make white clam sauce from this as well, just leave the red out and add a few more spices. Anyway, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter and added about 3 cloves of garlic. I used 2 cans of whole cherrystone clams and 1 can of chopped. If it were summer I'd use fresh but.... it's not and they are wayyy expensive right now. I add the clam juice in as well. Then I add about 1-2 cups of my homemade sauce. I like it with a little kick so I chopped up one those red peppers from the other day to it also. You can add white wine, red wine or beer to this. I like beer, about oz. simmer it al...

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Empanadas

Empanadas...they're delicious and the kids love them!! I never have leftovers when making these. If I have some they disappear before morning. You can put different fillings in, I made beef this time. I first browned up hamburger meat 1.5 lbs, I diced up an onion and put that in and then I added a can of green chiles. Now you can add peas, which I like but the boys aren't super fans of peas in general. I add pepper and the key ingredient: Goya Adobo. It's a Hispanic all purpose seasoning which is fabulous! I use it in a variety of dishes and always have it on hand. I add some cilantro. I also added some cheese not a lot about 3/4 cup. You can add it individually when filling the empanadas or not add cheese at all up to you. I used Monterey Jack but a white cheese is what you use when making cheese empanadas.   I actually let the meat mixture cool down before filling them. it makes it easier to stuff the empanadas because the dough gets soft and then br...