Skip to main content

Arroz con Pollo (chicken and rice)

I love this dish and there are so many variations. Most Latin and Caribbean countries have their own version of Arroz con Pollo and this one is mine.

First, make the rice. I used 3 cups of water and then, of course, a packet of Sazon.

While the rice is cooking, Cut up chicken. I use boneless breast but again, you can use whatever you wish. I cut them into small chunks and sautee them in some olive oil. I dice up an onion and add that when the chicken is almost done. I then add frozen peas once the onions are translucent. I put some minced garlic and another sazon packet in at this point as well.
Once the peas are cooked and the rice is done, I dump the rice into the meat mixture and stir it up. I add Adobo generously, but careful not to add too much because it can become too salty. The bottle is with numerous holes for a reason so don't be scared! Mix it up well.
Then I chop up fresh cilantro about a half a cup and stir. Serve. Feel free to serve it with Ahi, or hot sauce!! That's the best way!! This dish is also good for parties! Everyone loves it and you can double the recipe and serves a crowd!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

So.... I still have some sauce left, hmmm I guess I'll make Linguine with Red Clam sauce. It's actually one of my favorites and I order it many times when eating out. It doesn't require a lot of sauce so if you only have a little left and aren't sure what to do with it, this is a good meal to make. Quick too! It doesn't take long because the hard part is done. You can make white clam sauce from this as well, just leave the red out and add a few more spices. Anyway, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter and added about 3 cloves of garlic. I used 2 cans of whole cherrystone clams and 1 can of chopped. If it were summer I'd use fresh but.... it's not and they are wayyy expensive right now. I add the clam juice in as well. Then I add about 1-2 cups of my homemade sauce. I like it with a little kick so I chopped up one those red peppers from the other day to it also. You can add white wine, red wine or beer to this. I like beer, about oz. simmer it al...

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Roast Turkey

The best Roast Turkey ever! I made it this way for Thanksgiving it came out perfect! So juicy, and full of flavor! I will never make turkey any other way again!. This was a small 13-14 Lbs turkey. I bought it frozen and defrosted it in the refrigerator. When it was thawed, and about 30 hours until I was going to roast it, I took the plastic wrapper off, threw away the giblets. I put the Turkey in a disposable aluminum pan. I forgot to take pictures of all the steps so forgive me. I made a dry brine with Old Bay Seasoning. The brine is 1/4 cup salt 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning 3 Tbsp brown sugar Pat the turkey dry with paper towels and then generously add the rub all over the turkey.Put it back into the fridge, UNCOVERED. I let it sit in the fridge for 30 hours. For a larger turkey like the one I made for Thanksgiving (20lbs) I left if for 48 hours. The day I'm going to roast it, I take it out of the fridge and let it rest while I am making the butter rub....