Shrimp scampi, easy weeknight meal! I put on a pot of water to cook the macaroni while I make the scampi. I put some olive oil in a pan, added garlic a couple cloves, a can of diced tomatoes, sprinkled a little red pepper flake(optional)added a teaspoon of pesto. You can just use basil if you have it and don't have pesto. I had frozen precooked shrimp which I defrosted and patted dry. otherwise, it gets watery and fishy. I normally use fresh just devein and peel. But I had frozen so that's what I used. After patting it dry I add it to the sauce. I added a cup of dry white wine and let it simmer. When it was done simmering I mixed a teaspoon of cornstarch in a couple tablespoons of water and added it to thicken. I don't make it super thick, just enough to stick to the macaroni. I drained the pasta when it was finished and stirred it up. Total time:30 min!!
OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!
Comments
Post a Comment