Skip to main content

Middle Eastern Fish

So, I said I was going to make the dish with fish, so that's what I did. I made it similar to the chicken, although it was delicious, I feel it was missing something. Next time I make it, I am going to add green olives or kalamata olives to the dish before putting it in the oven. I actually looked before I made it but... I didn't have any!

I used frozen tilapia. Added the seasonings to a ziplock before adding the fish.
These are the seasonings I used. About a 2 teaspoons of curry powder, 1 tablespoon of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of oregano, a teaspoon of black pepper and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
While that was quickly marinating, I used 1 1/2 cups of basmati rice, added the same seasoning concoction to the rice.

I added 4 cups of chicken broth, cut up a jalapeno, and added that to the rice. I pre-heated the oven to 375. I decided to try and brown the tilapia before adding it to the rice mixture. I don't feel this step is necessary for fish and will eliminate it next time. Again, this is where I would add olives next time! 
I baked it for 45 min until the rice was cooked but not dried out. Quick, easy and VERY flavorful!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

So.... I still have some sauce left, hmmm I guess I'll make Linguine with Red Clam sauce. It's actually one of my favorites and I order it many times when eating out. It doesn't require a lot of sauce so if you only have a little left and aren't sure what to do with it, this is a good meal to make. Quick too! It doesn't take long because the hard part is done. You can make white clam sauce from this as well, just leave the red out and add a few more spices. Anyway, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter and added about 3 cloves of garlic. I used 2 cans of whole cherrystone clams and 1 can of chopped. If it were summer I'd use fresh but.... it's not and they are wayyy expensive right now. I add the clam juice in as well. Then I add about 1-2 cups of my homemade sauce. I like it with a little kick so I chopped up one those red peppers from the other day to it also. You can add white wine, red wine or beer to this. I like beer, about oz. simmer it al...

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Quick n Easy Torta Nua

Like cake? Like cheesecake? This is a 2 for 1! Preheat oven to 350. I block of cream cheese softened. 3 eggs put in a bowl and blend. Add 1 lb of Ricotta and blend add 1/2 cup of sour cream. Then add 2/3 cup of sugar, 1/2 tsp of almond extract, 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Blend Next, in a separate bowl, take a yellow cake mix and make according to box directions. Pour in a greased 9x13 pan. then pour cheese mixture on top Bake for an hour. Let cool, refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Cut and serve.