Skip to main content

Asian Noodle soup

I was so in the mood for Asian Noodle Soup. This is definitely not my specialty, I had never made this before but given my craving for it, I thought I would give it a whirl. I took a small pork roast that I had in the freezer, sliced it into thin strips. I fried them in a little olive oil and a clove of garlic. When the pork was browned I added in some chicken broth, one carton.  Equal amounts of water and a couple of bullion cubes. I like using bullion. First, I think its full of flavor but it also reminds me of when I was a child and my mother would make me a cup with some crackers when I wasn't feeling well. Anyway, enough nostalgia. I added in ground ginger, about a teaspoon. It's all I had left so I couldn't have used more if I wanted to. I cut up an onion. I would have used green onion but if you've been following, you'd know that I used the last the other day. I added some black pepper and soy sauce and let it simmer. Sometimes simplicity is best. I used rice noodles for my noodle soup, but you can use ramen as well. I kept them separate and fixed each bowl individually. Garnished with cilantro. Next time I make it, I will definitely use green onions and bean sprouts. The broth was flavorful and I love rice noodles. Look at the awesome dishes I have too! I got them from my sister a million years ago as a gift but the soup definitely tastes better in these bowls, well... looks better anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Linguine with Red Clam Sauce

So.... I still have some sauce left, hmmm I guess I'll make Linguine with Red Clam sauce. It's actually one of my favorites and I order it many times when eating out. It doesn't require a lot of sauce so if you only have a little left and aren't sure what to do with it, this is a good meal to make. Quick too! It doesn't take long because the hard part is done. You can make white clam sauce from this as well, just leave the red out and add a few more spices. Anyway, I melted a couple tablespoons of butter and added about 3 cloves of garlic. I used 2 cans of whole cherrystone clams and 1 can of chopped. If it were summer I'd use fresh but.... it's not and they are wayyy expensive right now. I add the clam juice in as well. Then I add about 1-2 cups of my homemade sauce. I like it with a little kick so I chopped up one those red peppers from the other day to it also. You can add white wine, red wine or beer to this. I like beer, about oz. simmer it al...

Shepard's Pie

OK so, maybe it doesn't look that delectable but it WAS! Very tasty, and perfect winter comfort food! I cut up potatoes and put them in water to boil to make the mashed potatoes. In the meantime I browned up about 1 1/2 lbs of ground beef. Added onion celery and carrots, a cup of water, and 2 beef bullion cubes. I also added some frozen corn. You can add peas as well. I cut up 2 springs of Rosemary and some fresh Thyme added to the meat mixture. I then added a packet of brown gravy and a little bit more water and let simmer. Oh and salt and pepper to taste. Preheat oven to 375. While that was simmering I drained and mashed up the potatoes. Adding milk, butter, and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste. Put the meat mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish and then spread the mashed potatoes gently on top. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until bubbly. Sprinkle a generous amount of shredded cheese on top bake an addition 5 minutes. Serve!

Roast Turkey

The best Roast Turkey ever! I made it this way for Thanksgiving it came out perfect! So juicy, and full of flavor! I will never make turkey any other way again!. This was a small 13-14 Lbs turkey. I bought it frozen and defrosted it in the refrigerator. When it was thawed, and about 30 hours until I was going to roast it, I took the plastic wrapper off, threw away the giblets. I put the Turkey in a disposable aluminum pan. I forgot to take pictures of all the steps so forgive me. I made a dry brine with Old Bay Seasoning. The brine is 1/4 cup salt 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning 3 Tbsp brown sugar Pat the turkey dry with paper towels and then generously add the rub all over the turkey.Put it back into the fridge, UNCOVERED. I let it sit in the fridge for 30 hours. For a larger turkey like the one I made for Thanksgiving (20lbs) I left if for 48 hours. The day I'm going to roast it, I take it out of the fridge and let it rest while I am making the butter rub....